A Rose Retreat, Bulgaria May 2018
A Rose Retreat - 24th - 29th May, 2018
Hosted by - Sarah Schürch and Laura Hoy.
Location - the Rose Valley beneath the Balkan mountains in beautiful Bulgaria
- Visiting rose oil and rose water producers, including being in the fields of roses, harvesting roses and watching the production in process.
- Distilling flowers to make rose water.
- Perfume, Face Cream and Body Balm Workshops - you will design and make your own products using the finest quality organic ingredients for you to use and take home.
- Cooking classes -preparing meals with a rose petal theme.
- Gentle Morning Yoga Sessions.
- Facials offered.
- There will also be time to discover the surrounding area with organised Nature walks and a trip to Mineral Spa Pools.
Venue - We will stay at 'Yakovtsi Art Residence' in Yakovtsi village, situated 6 km away from the town of Elena in the central part of the Balkan Mountains. The space has 8 penthouses with spectacular views of the lake Yovkovtsi, each room has twin beds in and you would share with one other member of the retreat. There is a large kitchen that we will prepare all meals for you in, a covered hall area of 80 m2 with a beautiful fireplace, a workshop and a library. In the region there are deposits of clay, so if you have the urge you would be welcome to use the potter's workshop, also a tripod and drawing materials, a factory for the production of wood items and a textile plant.
Food - Healthy, delicious meals will be prepared by Sarah Schürch, who will also run inspiring cooking classes. Any dietary requirements can be catered for as long as we are informed in advance.
Flights - You will need to organise and pay for your own flight and travel insurance, we will recommend flight details for you when the schedule is published to coincide with your collection from Sofia airport in Bulgaria.
Price - £700 - All accommodation, meals and travel within Bulgaria will be provided and included in this price, as well as the workshops, activities and products you make to take home. You may like to bring some money with you for personal purchases and souvenirs.
Payment - can also be made by direct bank transfer and in instalments -please get in touch to arrange this.
Bookings - Numbers are limited so if you're interested in joining us please let us know.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like more details:
Laura (UK) - firstname.lastname@example.org - 07828954020
Sarah (Switzerland) - sarahschuerch
A full itinerary will be provided before the event including travel tips and what to bring with you...
Please note that this retreat is an alcohol free trip.